How to Do Successful Science Fair Projects
Science Fair Ideas, Science Project Ideas, Tips and Hints 3. Ask your teacher for assistance in finding a topic. Also ask your teacher and parents for assistance throughout the development of your project.
These science fair ideas and science project ideas will help those who currently are working on their projects and the tips and hints will help those who have not yet started working on their projects.
1. Do not delay starting to work on your science project.
2. Determine early the type of science fair project that you want to do. Decide as soon as possible which of the following types of science projects that you want to pursue: original research, demonstration, investigation, collections, or models.
4. Develop a new topic from the list of Science Fair Project Topics. For example, substitute Light Intensity for Temperature to change the topic, "The Effect of Temperature on the Hatch Rate of Mosquitoes" to "The Effect of Light Intensity on the Hatch Rates of Mosquitoes."
Another example, substitute Vitamin B1 for Vitamin C to change the topic, "The Effects of Cooking Methods on the Depletion of Vitamin C" to "The Effects of Cooking Methods on the Depletion of Vitamin B1."
5. Buy a science kit.
If you are unable to come up with a topic, consider purchasing a science kit from a science supply store. Modify the kit as much as possible so the final product is your work, not the manufacturer of the kit.
6.Apply the criteria of Science Fair Project Judging to your project.
Verify that your project adheres to the following criteria: creativity, skills, thoroughness, clarity, neatness, integrity, and results as discussed on the website page, Science Fair Judging.
7. Obtain approval for your project from your parents and your teacher.
8. Tips for you, your project and the science fair:
To return to the top of page, click: Science Fair Ideas
3. Ask your teacher for assistance in finding a topic. Also ask your teacher and parents for assistance throughout the development of your project.